Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sunday "Cans"

For Sharing Time at the end of the month, the lesson will be on keeping the Sabbath Day holy. I remember seeing an idea for something called "Sunday Cans" - a can in which you keep ideas of good activities to do on Sunday. I really like this because it focuses on the things that we can do instead of what we shouldn't do.

There's a free download on this website that has done pretty much all of the work for you. You just print off the pages, cut them out, paste them on popsicle sticks, put the label on a can, and viola! You now have a ready to go collection of activities to help kids when they don't know what to do on a Sunday afternoon. I love it!

I will be making one and using as part of my lesson along with getting suggestions from the kids of ideas that they have for Sunday activities. If they can't think of any (especially in Junior primary) they can pick one out of the can. :)

Hopefully they will want to go home and make one for their family as part of family home evening. (I love to encourage them to be a part of making these things happen - family prayer, scripture study, FHE, etc.)

1 comment:

Russell, Tiffany, Emily, Colby, Logan, and Charlotte said...

I love this ideas. I can't wait to hear your lesson.